Ready for Work
Who can participate in a Skilling Queenslanders for Work, READY FOR WORK project?
Skilling Queenslanders for Work (SQW) primarily targets Queensland residents who are:
- ineligible for Australian Government employment services or assistance; or
- require complementary services because they have significant barriers to learning and employment; or
- have accessed Australian Government services for more than six months and remain unemployed. Key target groups for SQW include:
- young people (15-24 years), including those in and transitioned from out-of-home care
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
More broadly, disadvantaged jobseekers and underutilised Queensland workers are able to access assistance under SQW. Participants who fall into this category do not have to belong to one of the target groups listed above.
Participants must be:
- Queensland residents
- aged 15 years or older
- an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant), temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on a pathway to permanent residency, or a New Zealand citizen.