How To Get That Job … And Keep it!
Employment provides you with the satisfaction of earning money, the opportunity for greater independence and increased self-esteem.
It’s your future – Consider your options.
- Apprenticeship or Traineeship
- Full time or Part time work
- Further study
- Gap Year
Finding a job can be a pretty daunting prospect when you’re new to the job market. A well-equipped toolbox can help make job hunting easier.
What will you need for your toolbox?
- Resume – Go beyond the standard resume and get noticed
- Cover letter – Use it as your key marketing tool to get employers interested in you
- Interview skills – Practice, Prepare and Follow up
- Social media – A key player in the modern job search process, use it to your advantage
- Employability skills – These skills are important in gaining and maintaining employment
- Your youthful potential – “If I hire this person what will they bring to the job?”
What employers really want
Top 3 things employers Dislike
- When applicants arrive late for their interview
- When applicants dress inappropriately
- When applicants are unprepared to answer predictable questions
Top 3 things Employers Like
- That you understand the latest technology
- You can multi-task
- Have high energy levels, a can-do attitude, and looking for fresh challenges
Be proactive and find out:
- How to ace your first day on the job – Be prepared to make a great impression
- Where the Hot jobs are – Research where the jobs of the future will be
- How to find the hidden jobs – Around 50% of jobs are not advertised.
The best way to face the future is with a positive attitude and a determination to do whatever it takes – Don’t be afraid to show off your potential.
For more information, contact SCIPS on 1300 731 783